You can have both panellists and attendees in your webinar and manage them as the host.
By clicking on Participants in your host controls, you can manage the panellists and attendees in your webinar. This includes promoting to co-host or panellist, demoting panellists to attendee, unmuting, stopping video, and more.
Unmuting attendees requires both the host and attendee to be on the September 2017 Client Release or later; attendee must also be connected to computer audio
You need will need to be in a smart room
Host privilege for this webinar
1. Click on Participants in the webinar controls.
The Participants panel will be on right side of your screen. The host, co-hosts, and panellists will be listed in one tab an the attendees will be listed in another
2. Hover over the panellist's name and click More. You will see the following options to manage participants:
- Mute / Unmute: Mute or unmute the panellist. If the panellist muted their mic, they need to accept the unmute prompt before they are unmuted.
- Chat: Open the chat window to send messages directly to the panellist.
- Make Host: Assign the panellist to be the host. There can only be one host.
- Make Co-Host: Assign the panellist to be a co-host. You can have an unlimited number of co-hosts.
- Change Role to Attendee: Click this to change the panellist's role to an attendee.
- Forbid Record / Allow Record: Forbid or allow the attendee to start or stop a local recording of the webinar. Panellists do not have access to start a cloud recording.
- Assign to type Closed Caption: Assign the panellist to type Closed Caption during the webinar.
- Rename: Change the panellist's name that is displayed to other participants.
Note: To change your own name that is displayed, hover over your name in the participants list and click Rename. This change only applies to the current webinar. To permanently change your name, see My Profile.
- Put on hold: Place the panellist on hold. This will Temporarily remove them from the webinar so that they cannot hear you, see your screen share or your video. Their webinar screen will change to the message: "Please wait, the meeting host will let you in soon", followed by the name and date of the webinar.
- Remove: Remove the panellist from the webinar. They will not be able to rejoin unless you allow participants and panellists to re-join.
3. Changing a Panellist to Attendee, click Participants and then the Panellist tab.
4. Hover over the name of the panellist you want to make an attendee and click on More.
5. To manage attendees, click on the Attendees tab, hover over the attendee's name, and click More. You will see the following options
- Allow to Talk: Allow the attendee to unmute and speak in the webinar. All participants will be able to hear them.
If you allowed the attendee to talk, you will see these options:
- Mute / Unmute: Mute or unmute the attendee. If the attendee muted their mic, they need to accept the unmute prompt before they are unmuted.
- Disable talking: Revoke the attendee's ability to talk. This will mute the participant and prevent them from unmuting themselves.
- Chat: Open the chat window to send messages directly to the attendee.
- Promote to Panellist: Make the attendee a panellist.
- Remove: Remove the attendee from the webinar. Remove the panellist from the webinar. They will not be able to re-join unless you allow participants and panellists to re-join.
6. Promoting an Attendee to Panelist
- Click Participants.
- Click the Attendees tab.
- Hover over the name of the attendee you want to promote and click More.
- Click Promote to Panelist.
- Mute All: Mute all of the panellists and any attendees who you have given permission to talk.
- Unmute All: Unmute all panellists and any attendees who you have given permission to talk. The attendees without permission to talk will remain muted.
- Mute Participants On Entry: Mute all new panellists upon entry, but they will be able to unmute themselves. Attendees are automatically muted (and will not be able to unmute unless you promote them to panellists or allow them to talk).
- Play Chime for Enter/Exit: Play a chime whenever a new panellist or attendee joins.
- Lock Webinar: Prevent any new panellists or attendees from joining the webinar, until you unlock it.
- Allow panellist start video: Allow panellists to start their video if they would like to. If you uncheck this option, it will not stop the video feed of any panellist who already has their video on.
- Allow attendees to:
- Raise Hand: Allow attendees to raise their hand in the webinar. This feature is typically used if you want to know who would like to ask questions out loud.
View the participant count: Allow attendees to see how many panellists and attendees are in the webinar. The number of panellists includes the host. It will appear at the top of their screen, after the meeting ID.
- Set video layout for attendees: Set the video layout that the attendees see during the webinar. By default, they see active speaker view.
- Follow host view mode: Participants will see the same view that the host is using, whether active speaker view or gallery view. If the host is sharing their screen, the attendees will have side by side mode with the host's share and the active speaker's video. The attendees can adjust the share and video size.
- Active speaker view: This view will switch between the host or panellist who is speaking.
- Gallery view: This view will show the host and all panellists if their video is on.