The chat feature allows webinar attendees, the host, co-hosts and panellists to communicate for the duration of the webinar. Whether attendees can chat with everyone or only the host will depend on the settings that the host has selected. Read more about setting chat permissions as the host.
You need will need to be in a smart room
The host can stop the chat tool
1. Your controls at the bottom window, click Chat. If you are on a mobile device, tap Participants, then Chat.
2. The chat window will open on the right side of your screen if you are not in full-screen mode. If you are full-screen mode, it will open in a window that you can move around your screen.
3. You can type your message into the chat window and press Enter to send your message.
Click on the drop-down next to To: to change who you are sending this message to. As a panellist, you can send a message to all panellists, all attendees and panellists, or an individual.
If you receive a message when you do not have the chat window open, you will receive a notification at the bottom of your screen.
Instructions for Attendees
As an attendee in the webinar, you can chat with other attendees, panellists(including the host), depending on what chat permissions the webinar host has allowed. Read about all attendee controls.
1. As an attendee, Chat will be in the controls at the bottom of your screen.
2. When you click on chat, the chat window will appear. It will be on the right if you are not in full screen. If you are in full screen, it will appear in a window that you can move around your screen.
3. Type your message and press Enter to send it.
You can also select who you would like to send the message to by clicking on the drop-down next to To:
If the host has disabled Attendee chat, you will still be able to view messages sent by the host and other panellists.