Smart Annotator – Access and Features
Smart Assessor provides the opportunity to annotate evidence within Smart Assessor. This feature is an excellent way to support apprentices to clearly see the area of the evidence the feedback is directed at enabling the apprentice to address any feedback actions or improvements suggested by the assessor or IQA
Access Smart Assessor using login credentials
Assessor & IQA – Only
Accessing Smart Annotator
1. Access http://www.smartassessor.co.uk and log in using login credentials Assessor username and password.
2. Select the “Dashboard” tab from the grey navigation bar.
3. Select the learner from the list of learners and expand their portfolio using the arrow symbol (located next to the learner’s profile picture). Select the folder icon to open the portfolio of the relevant course.
4. The Learners portfolio will then display within a new tab in your browser. Select the tile named ‘Upload Work’ to open the learners Evidence Library.
5. Within the Evidence Library, access the feedback page for each piece of evidence by selecting the pencil icon.
6. On the feedback page, scroll down the page and select the “Smart Annotator Feedback” icon.
7. Smart Annotator will then open providing opportunity to annotate the evidence within Smart Assessor.
8. The evidence opens in Smart Annotator, a menu on the left-hand side displays a list of Tools that can be can used to annotate the evidence.
9. Click on the preferred tool to annotate the evidence. Displayed to the right-hand side of the screen shows an audit trail of feedback provided.
Tools and Features
1. To record audio commentary / feedback on learner evidence, select “Record Voice” tool held within the left-hand side tool menu.
2. When selecting the “record voice” option the browser may ask for permission to access the microphone. If approved, Voice Recorder option becomes available.
3. Select the red record button to begin recording and the black stop button to stop this. Once stopped the voice recording will display on the far-right hand side of the screen.
4. Once the voice recording is stopped, the recording is referenced to on the far-right hand side notes.
1. select “Comment” to add a comment, which is held within the left-hand side menu, select on the evidence to insert the comment. The comment will display in the selected area of the Document or Pdf that has been annotated.
*Note - If you are annotating a video, pause the video at the point in time you wish to add a comment.
Example of Document/PDF Below.
Example of a Video Evidence Below.
2. Smart Annotator will display an editor comment box to provide a comment.
3. Enter the comment and select “Save Changes”.
4. Once all comments have been added to the evidence, click on the “Save and Quit” option in the top right corner.
1. Highlight/Strikethrough/Underline can be added to the evidence by selecting the prefer tool from the left-hand side menu. To activate these tools use the mouse to identify the text to be highlighted, strikethrough or underlined.
2. When finished annotating the evidence, click on the “Save and Quit” option in the top right corner.
1. Shapes/Free Draw can be used by using the mouse to draw out the shape over the piece of evidence. When selecting either the shape/free draw tools, Smart assessor will prompt with information on how to use these tools. To start drawing click left on the mouse and to finish click right on the mouse.
2. When complete the shape/free draw will appear onto the evidence that has been annotated.
3. When finished annotating the evidence, click on the “Save and Quit” option in the top right corner.
1. To add an image, select the “Add Image” option in the tool’s menu. A prompt will display “choose image” upload from a file location.
2. Locate the chosen file by selecting “choose file” and navigating to the image file to be upload to the evidence. Once file has been chosen, select “Save Changes” and the image will appear on the evidence being annotated.
3. Select “Save Changes”, select where on document the image is to be placed.
4. To view the image by selecting the red box which displays on the evidence or on the right-hand side where it references the image that has been added.
5. When finished annotating the evidence, click on the “Save and Quit” option in the top right corner.
Audio File/Video File
1. To add an Audio/Video file to the evidence, select “Audio file or Video file”.
2. When uploading audio files, the following upload page will display. Select browse to locate the file to be uploaded.
*Note - Supported file types for uploading audio: Mp3/Wav/Wma/Ogg. Other file types may need to be converted before uploading.
3. Uploading video files, the following upload page will display. Select browse to locate a file to be uploaded upload, then select Save Changes.
Note - Supported file types for uploading video: Mp4/WebM/Ogg. Other file types may need to be converted before uploading.
4. When finished annotating the evidence, click on the “Save and Quit” option in the top right corner.